Saturday, May 14, 2011

foodz

So it's my weekend off and Saturday started bright and early with Henry waking up before seven. I try my best to get him to go back to sleep for one extra hour at least but some mornings he just won't have it and will let me know he wants me to wake up. He sticks his hands all up in my face and gives me swift kicks with his little feet! Oh Henry! So I had read about a rummage sale going on about five minutes from me so since we were up pretty early Henry and I decided to check it out. We found a couple things but nothing that I was super excited about. Oh well. We ran to the grocery store and then home.  It was only 1:00pm, and my dad called asking if I wanted to go watch the salt potato eating contest that was happening down in the middle of our town. Of course I wanted to, so since it was raining Gangy volunteered to watch Henry so I could experience the joys of my first  food eating contest. Can you say fun?! The announcer was corny with his jokes but they were still funny, and it was hilarious to watch people shove potatoes in their mouth for ten minutes. It was a close race but Joey Chestnut, Nathan's hot dog world eating champ won. Back at Gangy's Henry was being a little cranky pants so I thought it best to get him home and to bed, where he promptly fell asleep playing with his toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment