Sunday, January 9, 2011

weddings

My whole weekend has been centered around getting married. My best friend recently got engaged and decided she wanted to get married in six months.  So she had heard about a new bridal store that just opened so we decided to check it out. I have no experience with weddings or planning them but now that I am going to be a bridesmaid its time for me to get with the program. We tried on a bunch of dresses and weren't to impressed with what we saw. There were maybe two keepers but after watching countless episodes of say yes to the dress the definitive moment of the show is when they find "the dress," the one that makes everyone emotional. So we still have a bit of looking around to do. We also decided to check out a wedding show which turned out to be somewhat of a dud. It seemed like there were too many of one thing and not enough of other tings. Everywhere you turned there was a stand promoting different photographers and the new big thing photobooths. Photobooths are just one of those things that everyone loves and having one at a wedding would be a lot of fun. So we decided YES! to one thing so far. Now we just need to actually get to the important things. Ha. Immediately following the wedding show it was decided if this wedding was happening in 6 months plans had to be enacted like now. So we called the venue she was looking at going to and the guy said come right on over to look at it and luckily he still had dates available for picking.  The place in my opinion, was great. Seating for 135 available, separate floors for dinner and dancing separate room for the bar area and just very classy decor throughout the place. I hope she chooses yes and we can start looking at bridesmaids dresses.

     Now I am home snuggling my baby, watching the snow fall outside, and dreading the start of the new week. I am working a lot this week and don't want to be away from baby. I mean come on who would want to be away from this cutie for so long?

No comments:

Post a Comment