Thursday, March 31, 2011

sleep

Six months have gone by and I had yet to do anything about Henry's sleep habits. We kinda went by the whatever Henry wants Henry gets but now I'm left wondering if that was the right choice. You can fix a mistake with your baby right? I had every intention of having Henry sleep in his bassinet from the time he got home until he out-grew it, but Henry just didn't take to it. He hated that bassinet from the moment he got home from the hospital and against all the books I read and warnings in the hospital and warnings from just about everyone we became a co-sleeping family. I don't mind it I love waking up next to my little man and nighttime feedings are a snap, but now that Henry is getting bigger he has become a bed hog! Three people on a full size mattress is hard! Every morning I wake up stiff from sleeping awkwardly and my tiny sliver of bed isn't room enough. So tonight starts "Henry's transition into his own room!"  I just hope I can be strong enough to withstand his sad little cries for mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment